It’s been an amazing birthday month that has been filled with some significant changes. I’ve traveled to the Caribbean, presented at a conference in Philadelphia, started a new job, and went to Ireland (pictures coming soon). It has been a busy month full of traveling, job interviews and a new routine along with a new workout plan. I’ve recommitted to personal growth and doing more things that are in alignment with my long term goals. I’ve also had the opportunity to deepen some friendships and settle more into the idea of settling down for a bit. It’s been quite a shift but it’s been a great change. One thing about life is that change is inevitable but there’s also the opportunity to grow and meet the challenges that arise. My 30th year so far has been off to a good start in a way that I definitely did not anticipate but have enjoyed so far.
- Life is hard. It’s messy and doesn’t have any promises or absolutes. But it’s easier to go through those stressors having money. Just like it sucks to be sad but its more comfortable to cry in a Bentley than on your bike.
- Advance planning is important. It’s hard to make crucial decisions when you’re still reeling from emotions and you have to think clearly. It’s better to get it out the way and not worry about it than to scramble last minute.
- It’s important to take some initiative and find out what resources are around you. After all, it’s better to know someone and not need them than to need someone and not know them.
- Questions are good. Ask them.
- Keep an open mind. Just because things have been done a certain way for a while doesn’t mean that they can’t be improved or become more efficient.