While doing some very needed spring/summer cleaning I came across some notes that I wrote from someone’s presentation about four years ago. While I don’t remember their name, I do remember being more than slightly annoyed that the presentation took about two hours to get through ten points. However, in order to stay awake, I wrote down the ten points. And, I’m posting them so that I can continue throwing random pieces of paper away instead of saying “I should post this on the blog sometime.” Here goes:
1. Never be satisfied- Don’t be content with your present condition or position.
2. Be single-minded -Stick with what you start and be focused.
3. Don’t look back- Don’t be fixated by past experiences
4. Go Forward- Don’t procrastinate. Act. Set a date and get started.
5. Press On- Continue what you start
6. Be motivated from above
7. Adopt a mindset of a pace-setter. Go for something and don’t settle for status quo. Put the quo in the status.
8. Draw inspiration from positive role models
9. Keep away from the wrong crowd and from people who make it their job to discourage you.
10. Keep your eyes on the prize.